ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

shorten animation clip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Lopezshorten animation clip
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 4:59:07 pm

i hired an AE guy who made a 7second clip of a spinning phone but i need the clip to be exactly 5seconds and 18 frames with the same element occuring; keyframing, time remapping...he's out of the country and i have AE at home but i'm not proficient with AE. how do i reduce the time length to 5:18 and keep everything else intact. thank you very much. roberto lopez

roberto lopez

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: shorten animation clip
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 5:43:12 pm

If its ok for the animation to be slightly faster, the simplest thing will be to nest the comp or rendered file into another comp by dragging either onto the "make new comp" button in the project window, apply time remapping to the layer, drag the keyframe that time remapping automatically makes at the layer's out point to 5:18, change the comp length to 5:18 and render.

Return to posts index

Roberto LopezRe: shorten animation clip
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:00:29 pm

i will try that...since i'm new to all this. i actually went under "time" "time stretching" and changed the duration to 5:18 and it worked. is the other way better than what i did

roberto lopez

Return to posts index

Bruce WainerRe: shorten animation clip
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:18:44 pm

its just a different way to get the same result. Either way will work, but if the problem was more complex (speed ramping, etc.) then the other way would be better.

Return to posts index

Scott RobertsRe: shorten animation clip
by on Feb 28, 2010 at 9:01:21 am

You can also do this in Premiere Pro and, if the clip has audio, maintain audio pitch at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump
http://www.myr3d.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]