ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Does anyone know how to Ram Preview with the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max HuggettDoes anyone know how to Ram Preview with the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard
by on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:39:43 pm

Hi Guys

I have purchased a new iMac and with it, there is the new mini Bluetooth Keyboard. This keyboard does not have a keypad and consequently i am having to use the pallete in AE to Ram Preview. Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to create the Zero button or of any other way to quickly Ram preview.

Thanks alot

m.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Does anyone know how to Ram Preview with the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 1:36:37 am

You can try fn m, but it probably won't work. In that case you'll need to do do a little hacking under the OSX hood.

Here's a video tutorial on how to by CC - that's Creative Cow, not Cycore - guru Aahron Rabinowitz.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/AE_Shortcuts/vide...

As to why he does this tutorial on a pc, though, is beyond me. No, really, it's for Macbooks. I guess he doesn't have screen recording software on his mac.

Return to posts index

Bruce WainerRe: Does anyone know how to Ram Preview with the Mac Bluetooth Keyboard
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 1:38:18 am

a lot of laptop keyboards lack a numpad, but usually you can access the numpad keys by pressing Function (Fn) and the correct key. I know a lot of laptops, Mac and Windows, have 0 as Fn-M. However, I heard newer mac laptops lack this feature, so maybe your bluetooth keyboard lacks it too. You can try remapping the keys, this page says:

To modify keyboard shortcuts, use the KeyEd Up script from Jeff Almasol, which is available on the Adobe After Effects Exchange website.

Sebastien Perier provides instructions on his website for assigning keyboard shortcuts to scripts so that you can run a script with a single keystroke. This technique relies on the KeyEd Up script.

For information on remapping keyboard shortcuts for keyboard layouts other than the standard US English layout, see Jonas Hummelstrand’s website.
Note: On Mac OS, some keyboard commands for interacting with the operating system conflict with keyboard commands for interacting with After Effects. Select Use System Shortcut Keys in the General preferences to override the After Effects keyboard command in some cases in which there’s a conflict with the Mac OS keyboard command.

EDIT: Joey beat me... check his video. I think it's pretty good, but I had forgotten about it...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]