ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Does After Effects have...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Killian McGregorDoes After Effects have...
by on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:22:46 pm

...a feature that will help you remove a person from a scene?

Example: The shot is of a man dancing down a hallway. I want to remove the hallway, but keep the man.

Isn't there an effect or preset or something that will isolate the man and remove the background?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Does After Effects have...
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:00:38 am

You want to remove the hallway and isolate the dancing man. Rotoscoping frame by frame may be your only option, normally when you want to isolate a figure from the background you shoot to footage on a blue or green screen and then use a chroma key to remove the background.

There is no simple method if the footage wasn't shot with that intention. No software (except on CSI) has that ability.

Return to posts index

Killian McGregorRe: Does After Effects have...
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:42:50 am

Thanks for the reply. I took a class a few years ago and could have sworn there was something you could do other than rotoscoping. I guess I was mistaken. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Does After Effects have...
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:53:00 am

Rotoscoping resources for AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: Does After Effects have...
by on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:15:08 pm

I haven't used it, but AE comes with one of Imagineer Systems Products. It's called Mocha or maybe Mokey?

Imagineer makes tools for creating travelling mattes for objects shot against generic backgrounds. "Mattes are created using the background information and the motion data, allowing you to easily create mattes for objects shot against virtually any background."

Might be worth a look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved