ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time Remapping Screws up Clip's audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Burns
Time Remapping Screws up Clip's audio
on Feb 24, 2010 at 12:26:40 am

So basically for my senior project I'm doing a series of animations. To tackle the problem of animating someone talking, I chromakeyed my mouth out and slapped it on the character's face. I'm using Time Remapping to freeze the character's mouth once they've said a line and hold until it's time to say his/her next line. I've run into a problem with the Time Remapping in that sometimes (and not always) the time remapping will cause the audio for the clip to stretch out. I'm sort of clueless as to what I'm doing as I have gotten the technique to work perfectly before and not at all the rest of the time. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Blacker
Re: Time Remapping Screws up Clip's audio
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:54:48 am

Separate your audio and video to different layers, and only time stretch the video?

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

David Johnson
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:01:14 am

You'll need to do as Steve suggests.

I'll just point out that there is nothing wrong with the way time-remapping is working ... you're telling it to time-remap a video and audio layer so that's what its doing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 24, 2010 at 3:52:21 pm

I'll add this to the two fine replies already made: there really aren't all that many instances when you absolutely MUST render out the audio in AE. Usually, the audio has already been prepared in a different application, so it already exists elsewhere. Usually the main reason to have an audio track in AE is for reference, to make timing animation easier.

I render out lip-sync video-only files all the time. Never had a problem.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]