ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

expanding a jpeg. on the timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Scottexpanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:48:30 pm

Hey there, I am using After Effects and need to add some bullet hits to a wall in some footage but the jpeg image when imported is only a few seconds long. how do I expand the time of the jpeg. once dropped into the timline
Thanks

Return to posts index

Nathan RogersRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:24:28 pm

There are actually a couple of ways of doing this. The easiest is to grab the end bracket and drag it out to the desired amount of time. If you want it to be more exact, you can set the duration by selecting the times tab on the bottom left had corner of the timeline window.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 8:08:46 pm

See Trim, extend, or slip-edit a layer".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

John ScottRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:00:49 pm

Not having any luck... I am using a jpeg and or png form Action Essentials...When I drag the jpeg to the timline or over my compestion frame it always ends up at the begining of my clip and its only 8 frames long. How do you make a jpeg longer? I tried stretching it but no go....I know I am missing the obvious here but I need help..
Thanks
John

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:31:24 pm

It should work. Post a screenshot.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:50:37 pm

Is it a jpeg SEQUENCE?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John ScottRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:53:41 pm

Ok I figured it out....I needed to do the "time stretch" command...didn't knot it existed..found it...thanks..

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2010 at 9:57:42 pm

> Ok I figured it out....I needed to do the "time stretch" command...

That shouldn't be necessary with a layer based on a single still image. You didn't answer Dave's question. Is this an _image sequence_?

Return to posts index

Jason VazquezRe: expanding a jpeg. on the timeline
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:36:10 pm

Ok i am having a similar problem.. i bought action essentials 2 720 and i am tryin to input a ground crack... i place the layer on top of my footage and when i render or play it all it does is play a sequence of ground crack jpg's that are in that file rather than the single ground crack and the action its suppose to preform... it doesnt go the "ground crack " animation when played... all it does is cycle thru all the ground crack images that are in the file.. ive done homework and ive learned that "ground crack" for a hancock like effect is suppose to be in "png" format, but the pack i downloaded from video copilot is in jpg.... am i doin something wrong? PLEASE HELP!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]