ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixelated aperture

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo TamiPixelated aperture
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 9:09:24 am

Hi there,
I'm working on a couple of shots for a client involving different camera angles with Depth of field on.
My problem is, most of the shots become really pixelated around the edges of the aperture, here's a shot to give you an idea

HERE
see that pixel thingy on the bottom right corner? it doesn't have to do with export quality, it makes the same stuff even if I export it full res!

any ideas please?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Pixelated aperture
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 3:56:46 pm

To me, it looks like the still is way too close to the camera -- like it's scaled up far beyond 100% in a 2D comp -- and that EVERYTHING in the image is bad.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Paolo TamiRe: Pixelated aperture
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 10:41:17 pm

Thanks Dave,
fair enough, I posted a low quality preview.
The thing is, even a HQ preview would reveal a pixilated strip along the line where I focus.

HERE'S ONE

picture has been scaled far more than 100%, sure, but this doesn't explain that pixilated thing to me.

unfortunately I have to work with screenshots from a website so I can't reexport the pictures at a higher res.
I can maybe fake it in photoshop and rescale the pictures to, say, 300% and then reimport them in AE but it doesn't sound quite right to me.

thanks

Return to posts index

Paolo TamiRe: Pixelated aperture
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 5:06:13 am

Apparently exporting with GL render activated resolves the problem, thanks anyway and keep doing your great job for the community:)

Return to posts index

Paolo TamiRe: Pixelated aperture UPDATE
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:36:33 am

no good news, openGL distorts pictures during camera movement :(

any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]