ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David AnthonyMotion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:07:30 pm

I am doing a "light writing" piece for a church. I am tracking an LED pen light, setting the target to a null object, and using particles.

My problem: The tracking data is fine. But when I set the target to the null object, the data is flawless for about half the word. I tried this with two different null objects (to see if I made a small mistake the first time) and the first one went too low on the screen, while the other one went too high and to the right.

What is even more frustrating is that I executed it flawlessly once already and can't understand what I am doing wrong now.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Motion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:37:36 pm

I believe this video tutorial addresses your issue. Check it out.

Return to posts index

David AnthonyRe: Motion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 8:49:16 pm

Thank you, but no that doesn't help.

I just did it again successfully in a new project. Then I opened another new project for the next one I had to do and the null object is dragging from the tracking data again!

I really don't understand. Is this not a known issue? I have searched all over the place...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...
by on Feb 21, 2010 at 11:29:03 pm

Have you done anything to mess with the pixel aspect ratio of the video? If you did, it could be throwing things off.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Harry CleggRe: Motion Tracking data is not transferring to Null Object properly...
by on Mar 23, 2010 at 4:33:28 pm

I had a similar problem just now and it may well have been a pixel apsect issue, as Dave indicated. My footage was shot 720p on a Panasonic HVX200. Normally I capture (log and transfer) into FCP and then export a QT to AE. On this occasion I located the QT FCP created in the capture scratch folder and imported that into AE. With this source footage none of my tracking data transfers properly to the nulls and they don't stick to the scene. I've just reimported the footage in the old way and everything works fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]