ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Auto-resolution comp window bug?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre-Alexis TremblayAuto-resolution comp window bug?
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 3:25:34 pm

Hi guys, the "Auto" feature of the resolution popup menu stopped working properly overnight. The display resolution doesn't adapt automatically anymore when zooming in or out (see pic attached).
Anyone had the same problem?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Auto-resolution comp window bug?
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 5:24:22 pm

Your picture doesn't demonstrate any problem. You have Auto selected, and (Half) appears in the Resolution / Down Sample field. Your picture doesn't show what the Magnification Ratio value is, but if it's 50%, then what you're seeing is normal.

If, however, the resolution isn't changing when you switch the magnification between 100% and 50%, one possible is that the Auto setting is ignored for compositions for which the Advanced composition setting Preserve Resolution When Nested is selected. (See "Resolution".)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Pierre-Alexis TremblayRe: Auto-resolution comp window bug?
by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:23:29 am

Sorry, the picture was just to make sure you knew what menu I was talking about...
Preserve Resolution When Nested is not selected in the Advanced composition setting and the Auto setting is still ignored when switching o any percentage of magnification (?)

Return to posts index

Daniel OneilRe: Auto-resolution comp window bug?
by on Feb 11, 2011 at 3:10:12 am

I'm having the exact same problem in AE CS5
Just over night it doesn't work correct anymore.

if I choose auto resolution and I have my view at for example 50% my resolution stays at (Full).
I've not checked the keep resolution if nested option.

Pierre-Alexis, did you solve the problem?
(I see the Thread is from beginning 2010)...

Return to posts index

Chris TarrozaRe: Auto-resolution comp window bug?
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:18:03 pm

I'm also experiencing this same problem right now. Preserve Resolution is not checked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved