ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

exporting from cinema 4d into after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Tweedyexporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 6:25:45 am

I made some 3D text in cinema 4d. How can I get into After Effects CS3 and keep the back ground transparent and also keep all 3D functionality. When I get it into CS3 it looks 3D but its a 2D layer. Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 1:42:42 pm

That's exactly how it works. You have to finalize your camera animation in C4D and then bring the render passes and camera data into AE. Once it's there, you can work in AE as you normally would, except you can't manipulate the camera without breaking the perspective of your renders.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ryan TweedyRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:45:52 pm

Thanks! Is there a way to keep the 3d in the project and do the animation in aftereffects?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 20, 2010 at 9:07:50 pm

[Ryan Tweedy] "Is there a way to keep the 3d in the project and do the animation in aftereffects?"

Unfortunately, not with your current workflow. C4D and AE are well-integrated, but they are fundamentally separate applications.

If you need 3D text directly in AE, check out Zaxwerks Invigorator -- it's a plug-in that allows you to create and animate 3D objects within AE that interact with AE's cameras and lights.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Theo VeltmanRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 21, 2010 at 8:38:38 pm

I've tried this plug in and found it to be a little unstable. If you want a simple 3D effect try using the shatter plugin (under the simulation tab If I remember correctly). Create a text layer with the type you want then add the effect and set the force to 0. You can extrude the type as well and allow it to interact with the cameras and lights.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 21, 2010 at 10:15:33 pm

Thanks, this'll do until I get better at cinema 4d. I appreciate your guys help a lot.

Return to posts index

Anthony GiolaRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:06:20 am

Go to Grayscalegorilla.com and watch his tutorial on moving Cinema 4D things into after effects. he has a lot of other really good ae and C4D tuts too.

Return to posts index

Nico JonesRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:16:03 pm

Hmmm, Invigorator can be a little buggy, but I've only had issues when I've pushed it to extremes.

If you're just doing 3D text you should be fine, and you'll get far more options and control than with the shatter approach.

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Paul SteeleRe: xporting from cinema 4d into after effects
by on Mar 3, 2010 at 12:37:50 pm

Hi Nico,

Sorry for jumping into this thread but I'm wondering if you found a solution to the problem you had in this thread http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/977290 as I'm encountering the same problem.

Thanks
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Mar 3, 2010 at 10:38:53 pm

I run CS3 so the only solution I've heard so far is to animate it in C4D which puts as a 2D layer in AE. I barely understand how to use C4D so I gave up on it for now. You can use the shatter effect in AE but it has a few flaws but its a simple solution. Theres a tut on here how to do it.

I've heard rumors that you can do it with C4D if you run CS4. I don't know if thats true or how to do it. Boris has a plug in that does it if you have an intel mac.

Wish I could be more help. I heard the new CS5 will have a plug in that does it but thats a month way, expensive, and you need an intel mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]