ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Completely undocked windows in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew WoodsCompletely undocked windows in AE?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 7:03:45 pm

Long running pet peeve question of the day. This is something that has bugged me ever since AE 6.5.

Is there a way to completely undock all windows, and keep them undocked in AE? I use two monitors, one of which is in vertical orientation. I like to undock and spread out my AE windows. I hate the MS style master window that is always behind everything, and wants to try contain everything by default. I can drag windows out of that, but I can't get rid of this "master window" without quitting the program. (what other mac program works this way?!) I use a workspace to keep all of my undocked windows how I like them, but any time I try to open a window not in my workspace, it always wants to open in this useless "master window", that is always behind everything else. Its always been a thorn in my side. Is there any hidden preference that gets rid of the master window, and floats all windows by default?

Thanks,

-Matt

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Completely undocked windows in AE?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 8:50:07 pm

No.

Here's a link to the feature-request form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: Completely undocked windows in AE?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 8:59:43 pm

Thats too bad. I just went to add it as a feature request, but I can't seem to find After Effects in that feature request drop down menu.

Am I blind?

-Matt

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Completely undocked windows in AE?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:04:14 pm

I just checked, and I didn't see After Effects there, either. It was there last time I checked. Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can find out what's up.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:28:37 pm

Thanks Todd.

Let me know when the AE feature request is back up. I would really like a float all panes/no master window feature. It would help out us Exposé addicted multi monitor mac people out who like to leave other windows (like Creative Cow tutorials) visible while AE is in the forground.

Cheers

-Matt

Return to posts index

Troy ChurchRe: Completely undocked windows in AE?
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 11:03:45 pm

Matt,
Thanks for the request and for pointing out that After Effects has gone missing from the wish form. I read those requests myself and I take this personally that AE is missing from that list right now. :) We'll get it back in there asap. In the meantime I've added your request by hand so be assured it's on our list.

-Troy

Troy Church, Adobe Systems Incorporated

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:11:54 pm

Thanks Troy,

I appreciate it.

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]