ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

hot tub effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Paynterhot tub effect
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:23:08 pm

I need to create the effect of a jacuzzi hot tub. Jets, bubbles etc, for an overhead shot of a tub. Any suggestions or tutorials?

Return to posts index

Scott MorrisonRe: hot tub effect
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 1:17:28 am has some great tutorials on creating bubbles. In the DVD "After Effects, Beyond the Basics" they show how to make convincing bubbles using particles. As to the water portion, browse through the tutorials.

Best of luck!

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: hot tub effect
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 10:06:29 pm

You can monkey around with particles for a long time, but unless you really need super control over the bubble animation, I find it faster and easier to go with footage for something like this. I usually think the real thing looks much better than anything computer generated. If you don't have access to a jacuzzi and an HD camera to shoot it yourself, there are a number of stock houses out there that have texture shots like this. I have recently become addicted to They have a lot of HD clips like this for very reasonable prices, and have free watermarked place holders for rough edits. This clip is $20: With some color correcting, and blend modes (if you need something beneath the water) it might work well for you.

Return to posts index

Robert PaynterRe: hot tub effect
by on Feb 19, 2010 at 10:27:23 pm

Thanks for the tips. Real footage would have been nice. I was on a quick turn around. A picture of hot tub water with some turbulent displacement and some particular steam did the trick.

Again thanks for the responses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved