ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

image duplication tunnel effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
François Savard
image duplication tunnel effect
on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:21:45 pm

I'm looking to make a kind of «image duplication tunnel» effect. I can fake it but i'm sure there is a «easy» way of doing it. This way I could probably play with the angle/curve of the tunnel. This was a really common effect use in those cheap video of the 80-90s. But still... can be cool :-).
thanx for helping me

Plywood

http://www.dickplywood.com/CLIENTS/LOADINGDOCK/Picture44.png
http://www.dickplywood.com/CLIENTS/LOADINGDOCK/Picture45.png

françois Savard
creative director
Dick Plywood Solutions

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: image duplication tunnel effect
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:27:39 pm

One way is using particles with Trapcode's Particular.

Duplicate your footage and precompose the bottom layer. Turn the eye off of the precomp.
Create a new layer and place it below your footage. Apply Particular.
Say your footage is X frames per second, you could use your footage precomp as a particle image and set your particle generator to produce X particles per second. Set the particle's texture to be Current Frame-Freeze and particle size pretty high (how big will depend on your source footage.

You may want to apply a blur of some kind inside the precomp and you may want to adjust opacity, etc. of the particles. It's all up to you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

François Savard
on Feb 17, 2010 at 8:21:03 pm

thanx a lot.
it work great

françois

françois Savard
creative director
Dick Plywood Solutions

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:38:19 pm

cc time blend fx can do this pseudo-video-feedback look...

take some keyed footage, drop it in a comp. add cc time blend fx and duplicate it (you need to instances of this effect to make it work).

set the first instance to 'paste' and the transfer mode to 'composite over'.

set the second instance to 'copy'.

then, in between those 2 instances add an effect that will modify the footage.

for your first sample, try an effect like magnify to enlarge the footage, don't key frame the magnification, just set it to liek 105. the time blend fx will do the increasing every frame, and the 'composite over' setting will keep placing the an uneffected frame over the top.

for you second example, you might try the offset effect in between the time blend fx. set it to offset the y by 5-10 pixels or so.

cc time blend fx is a bit different than most effects. it uses cached frames to composite with new frames, so once it stores frames, it won't re-render them to re-composite them. which means it renders quite fast, but it doesn't take changes into account. so if you have done a preview, then make a modification to, say, the offset amount (by my second example), and preview again, it will use the cached frames, no the new ones. to make it cache new frames, you need to hit 'clear' at the top of the effect to clear the cache.

you can learn more about cc time blend fx (and the other cc effects) here:

http://cycorefx.com/dloads_ccfx.php

you can download the manual for their effects and they have a tutorial using time blend fx, and some other cc effects.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:50:58 pm

Kevin, I like it! CC Time Blend = an underused and (too often) underappreciated effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

François Savard
on Feb 17, 2010 at 8:41:11 pm

yeah! thanx a lot!
another great thing working well... I like the feel of this one.

thanx to both of you!

françois

françois Savard
creative director
Dick Plywood Solutions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]