ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering in a different view

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mettler
Rendering in a different view
on Feb 17, 2010 at 4:15:53 pm

Is there a way to render a comp in a different view other than the active camera? I setup a scene in AE in the top view not realizing that it will be rendered in the active view. I don't have a camera and trying to set one up so that it has the same perspective as the top view seems like a pain. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering in a different view
on Feb 17, 2010 at 4:21:18 pm

Sorry, no.

The Top view in AE is an ORTHOGRAPHIC view -- it doesn't contain any perspective. You can't render out a Top view, because no AE camera can replicate an orthographic view.

The closest you can come to an orthographic view is to create a camera, position it where the top view should be, and give it a ridiculously long focal length.

Should you attempt to try this, look on the bright side: it's all part of the AE Newbie experience, and it's a mistake you won't ever make again.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Rendering in a different view
on Feb 17, 2010 at 5:13:34 pm

[Ben Mettler] " I don't have a camera and trying to set one up so that it has the same perspective as the top view seems like a pain. Any ideas? "

If you can display your composition at 100% size on your monitor, you can save screen grabs, frame by frame, through your animation. Be sure to turn off the view of masks and layer controls. Re-import these as an image sequence, crop to size, and render out.

This can be automated some if you've got some keyboard macro software and a lot of time, but otherwise setting up the camera might be less painful.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]