ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects and Snow Leopard Compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
annie napoleanAfter Effects and Snow Leopard Compatibility
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:59:58 pm

I am about to buy a Macbook pro, mostly for the purpose of Editing and Motion Graphics.
Are all versions of After Effects CS4 compatible with it or do I have to have to pursue acquiring the AE 9.0.2.
If I can't set my hands on 9.0.2 version immediately will it be a good idea to install the simple Leopard OS instead or does it also have compatibility issues with versions of AE CS4.

Thanks in advance :)

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects and Snow Leopard Compatibility
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:35:40 pm

You can just download the update to the latest version from Adobe's website.
For a list of issues between CS4 and Snow Leopard read this.
As a heads-up, I'm not a huge fan of laptops for use with AE. I want a lot more power than they can offer. There have been several threads on here about what sort of specs you might want with a new computer system, so check them out. (And, when I say "several", I mean DOZENS!)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects and Snow Leopard Compatibility
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:41:30 pm

To say what Michael said more explicitly:

You must apply the After Effects 9.0.2 update if you want to use After Effects CS4 on Mac OSX version 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

Updates are free and universally available. If you have After Effects CS4, you can update to After Effects CS4 (9.0.2).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

annie napoleanRe: After Effects and Snow Leopard Compatibility
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:09:14 pm

Thanks Michael :)!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved