ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

NT25 avi codec locks up AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd PerchertNT25 avi codec locks up AE
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:00:23 pm

I have quite a few avi files with the Newtek NT25 codec. I've been using them just fine with AE on various computers. Now (within the last 3 weeks maybe) they seem to crash AE on every PC. I thought it may have been the latest updates for CS4, but doing a restore to a point prior to the last updates didn't help.

Here is what happens. I can import all files fine. I can sometimes click on files and get a thumbnail preview, but clicking on others usually results in a hang that doesn't recover. When I've been able to, I tried dbl-clicking to preview. This opens a seperate monitor window rather than the AE preview window over the comp (if that makes sense). Every other program will play these files fine - PS, PPro, Win Movie Player.

Occasionally, I have gotten a low memory error when trying to preview these files as well, even though AE was the only program to start after booting the PC, and nothing on the comp. All other files avi/qt with different codecs seem to work just fine.

XP Pro - 3 Gig RAM - 2 Dual Core Xeon.
Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening in AE or any possible solutions to try?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved