ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion tracking analysis in the background?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy MullenMotion tracking analysis in the background?
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:09:25 pm

Anyone have any insight into the script-ability of running motion tracking analysis in the background, so I can click over to other applications and let it run? I've got dozens of HD shots that need to be tracked, and not being able to put AE in the background to let it do it's thing (each shot takes about 20 minutes to track) is sort of killing me.

Thanks-

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion tracking analysis in the background?
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:11:39 pm

...and what happens if your track goes south on you? You wouldn't know it until it's too late. It happens.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeremy MullenRe: Motion tracking analysis in the background?
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:19:06 pm

Using two monitors, I'd like to be able to run the track and leave it visible, but backgrounded, on one, so I can work in another application on the other. The points are pretty clear, and the tracks have been going smoothly; but I'd naturally like to keep an eye on them. If I see it go astray, I click back over and reset the points - but this is once an hour, at the most, with the tracks I'm working with.

It's just the necessity of having them in the foreground at all times that's the problem. If I so much as stray-click in the Finder I need to resume the track. It's just the sort of time-consuming automatic process that would be dreamy if it could be set to run and do it's thing without me taking hours out of the workday to watch it.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Motion tracking analysis in the background?
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:57:20 pm

If this sort of thing is going to become a habit, you might look into a stand-alone tracking software such as Synth Eyes. Then you would get the added benefit of having 3d tracking too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]