ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change Audio timing and Sync with Video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall League
Change Audio timing and Sync with Video
on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:30:50 pm

Hello all, was wondering i someone could help me.

I have a video file which has an American speaking good japanese, the video file is actually part of a lower third of a bigger composite. While the japanese the American speaks is good it is a little slow and slightly hesitant, I found that if I take the file in Soundbooth and increase the timing (around 91%-94%)and lower the pitch it makes his japanese sound much smoother, but of course the problem is that its not only audio but a video file and once I change the timing for the audio file the syncing of the mouth and words are all screwed up. Not by a lot to be honest since the files are only 20-30 seconds each. I was wondering the best way to sync these back up? Do I have to mess with Time-remapping in After Effects?Is there a better way to do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Change Audio timing and Sync with Video
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:09:56 pm

[Randall League] "Do I have to mess with Time-remapping in After Effects?Is there a better way to do this?"

I'm pretty sure the answer is, "Yes, but it's pricey": you're looking at getting frame rate conversion software. Stuff by ReelVision, Magic Bullet and others.

Now mind you, I've never done this, but here's now I'd approach it:
  • Conform the footage's frame rate to 32-33 frames/sec, and put it into a 29.97 fps comp.
  • Apply the frame rate conversion effect, and change it to 29.97.
  • Render and INCLUDE AUDIO.
  • Change the audio's pitch in a different application.

I believe there are tryout versions that put a big red X over the picture or something like that, but at least you can find out if one will do the job for you.

Anybody else have better ideas?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]