ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

sound quality in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iona Scott
sound quality in AE
on Feb 16, 2010 at 2:02:01 pm

hello I rendered an .avi file with a .wav file on top in after effects and the sound quality came out really bad- it slaughtered the pristine levels! does anyone know why this would be and how to prevent it?
thanks alot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: sound quality in AE
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:14:47 pm

You may have worked with the improper audio sampling rate. For example, the clip's sample rate might have been 48 kHz, and you left AE set up for 44.1 kHz. Bit depth (16/24/etc.) should also match.

I rarely have to fool with such things, but I think you make the sample adjustment in either the comp settings or in Preferences.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Iona Scott
on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:24:36 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply
have looked in preferences and comp settings and there are only audio preview settings and audio block duration.
i set the output to the right levels but apart from that can find no option to set audio sample rates or import settings..

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:24:35 pm

Well, I steered you in the wrong direction. This is straight from Adobe's online help:

"Set the sample rate for audio for the entire project in the Project Settings dialog box (File > Project Settings). CD-quality sound is 44.1 KHz, 16-bit stereo."

I searched in Help using the term, Audio Sample Rate. It took about two minutes to find. You can do it, too (hint, hint).

I presume you know how to find out the properties of the audio file you're using. If not, here's another hint: highlight the file in the project window.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Iona Scott
on Feb 18, 2010 at 12:05:01 am

Hello,
yes thanks I looked in the project settings but the only options to set are timecode base, frames, feet and frames and color depth. I imagine color depth does not relate to audio....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]