ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS4 very long time till start up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy MessingerAE CS4 very long time till start up
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:27:39 am

I've tried searching in various forums regarding this issue, but didn't find any reference so far.
I installed AE CS4, and whenever I run the program it seems it takes forever till After effects start up, about a minute or so...
I once had RAID 0 and it went very fast, but since I had several crashes with the OS, I decided it's not worth the risk and I formatted the compuer and configured regular disks, no RAID, but still, about 1-2 minute to load a project?
seems to much even for a regular HDD configuration...

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS4 very long time till start up
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:14:31 pm

Unless we all acquire crystal balls in the next few hours, you may be disappointed by our answers.

It would be helpful to know the kind of computer you have, the kind of operating system you run, what other kind of important hardware you have on this machine... know, basic stuff that can help people make a more accurate diagnosis.

Right now, my best guess is this: your computer doesn't like you any more. What did you do to make it angry? Did you forget Valentine's Day or something?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roy MessingerRe: AE CS4 very long time till start up
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:12:49 pm

Well, ok... I guess you're right, sorry about lack of details.

I have Q9450, 8GB RAM. OS = win7 and all the apps are on the OS drive (C:). scratch and page file are on another drive (20Gb in raid 0 HDD's) and also I put on C: drive pagefile of 12Gb (I have lots of space).

The thing is, the logo of AE seems to run fast, while it loads all plugins, then it dissapears and the After Effects window shows up, and from this point, it takes exactly 90 seconds untill I can start working, as if it loads something (but the CPU doesn't load anything, so it seems). I see the blue circle of window 7 (like the sand clock, back in XP) and only after 90 seconds I can do something.

When I had Vista it started alot faster, like 10-20 seconds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved