ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PFTrack - After Effects problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ash TronPFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:42:17 pm

Hi all :D

Im trying to track some footage in PFTrack then put it straight into after effects. However i find when i do this the track points dont match up to the tracked footage, which produces a bad result when placing objects over the footage, producing wobbles on the newly placed objects which are lined up to a track point.

I also find i have to stretch the PNG sequence to match the Tracking information - depsinte making sure all settings are consistent acroos all software (fps, resolution etc)

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have found youtube vids of PFTrack to AE working perfectly but it just seems to fail for me.

Hope you can help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: PFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:49:27 pm

It sounds like you're having pixel aspect ratio problems. Do you have it set properly in both apps?

Since you posted in the AE Forum (not the AE Basic forum) I'll assume you have sufficient knowledge of both PFTrack and AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ash ConnollyRe: PFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:35:04 pm

Hi Dave!

Firstly thanks for replying, its a pleasure to get your help, ive read many of your helpful responses and solutions previously and they helped me with many software problems :)

I do have a good knowledge of both yes. It is a good point the pixel aspect ratio, ill check them again, but i dont think it is this. The reason being is if my workflow with tracking is PFTrack -> export to Maya (place objects) - Export frames -> Composite in after effects. i receive no wobble, this tracks extremely well and looks authentic. and if i use this very same PFtrack tracking project and do this workflow - PfTrack -> After Effects. - i get the wobble problems.

Ill have a play with the pixel aspect and get back to you, thanks again :)

Return to posts index

Ryan ConstantinoRe: PFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Jun 7, 2014 at 6:32:11 am

Hello sir, I know this is 4 years ago but did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same issue:

Tracking information is rock solid when played back inside of PFTrack, however after exporting to Aftereffects, nothing is lined up at all, it's very "wobbly" as you said.

Return to posts index

Keith ToniniRe: PFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Aug 26, 2014 at 11:12:56 pm
Last Edited By Keith Tonini on Aug 27, 2014 at 12:08:13 am

Hey Ryan, assuming you made sure your fps are the same in both apps, here's a workaround. PFTrack is just giving you keyframes - if you zoom into the timeline you'll see that the keys lined up at the beginning (and if they don't, go ahead and select them all and make sure they do) and as time goes on they become more and more out of sync. Select them all and alt/option-drag the last keyframe so that it lines up with the last frame of your footage (or area that you tracked if it's different). Since PFTrack should have given you the same amount of keyframes as actual frames that you have, all the keyframes should now line up.

Also be aware that PFTrack's first frame might be 0, while After Effects track typically will start at 1. So you might have to slide your footage around a frame or two.

Return to posts index

Ryan ConstantinoRe: PFTrack - After Effects problem
by on Aug 28, 2014 at 3:07:29 am

Awesome, thanks very much, they keyframes were definitely slightly off, so I adjusted them. When I have more time I will go back in there and push it around a frame and see if that takes care of it. Hopefully it will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved