ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get this look with After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lynnHow to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 5:08:02 am

I was wondering how to get this look with a plugin/preset/project/setting. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe MoyaRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:06:40 am

If you mean the color...The easy way is to use Magic Bullet Movie Looks... Curahee (?) or Bleach Bypass or No 85 color filters (if my memory is correct)... or you can mess with the hue/saturation, grain and curves filters to achieve the effect.

If you mean the camera shake... then, you take the original footage using a hand held camera... or, you can add it by using ProDAD's Mercalli's Shake effect/filter... or, try and use Twitch with Andrew Kramer's plug-ins. the sample looks like it was shot by a handheld camera.

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:27:25 am

Another way, if money's an object and you don't have Magic Bullet, is to play around with Tint and Curves adjustment layers and changing their transfer modes; and Trish and Chris Meyer's "instant sex" effect wherein you duplicate the layer and composite it with itself using a transfer mode - was it overlay?...Screen?- and modifying its opacity value.

You can also roll your own Bleach Bypass like AE √úbermeister Andrew Kramer does here:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/bleach.php

Return to posts index

Danny WinnRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:03:30 pm

Yeah, if you're talking about the color it looks to me like you could easily get that look by dropping the color saturation to what looks right and then maybe mess with the contrast a bit.

Doesn't look like anything to complicated.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Drew LucasRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 6:30:04 pm

I agree. Doesn't look complicated. Levels and/or contrast adjustment layer - desaturate one or two color channels... Maybe just the red channel.

Return to posts index

Michael BabbittRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 8:17:43 pm

I agree with everything already said. Here's an example with the settings I used. You can play with the curves to get a more or less blown out feel to it.

BEFORE

SETTINGS

AFTER

Return to posts index

john lynnRe: How to get this look with After Effects?
by on Feb 15, 2010 at 7:48:05 am

Thanks to all! I figured it out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]