ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particle World

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale PaquetteParticle World
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 12:20:11 pm

I'm using CS3 and working with Particle World. Near as I can tell, it works fine except I can't access the full options menu. When I click on options button (at the top of the effects control pane), the options window opens, but only part has the "wood" looking background with further buttons to click. The part of the window with no background is white and has black bars where there is apparently more buttons underneath. In other words, if I click a black bar, I do in fact get a sub-menu. That said, I still can't get every sub-menu I think is supposed to be there. Any ideas??? Thanks, Dale

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Particle World
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 4:48:34 pm

it sounds like it could be a screen re-draw issue. when it happens, try hiding/minimizing ae and see if it draws correctly when you bring ae back up.

the only other thing i can think of would be to make sure that opengl is disabled in preferences>previews. it's not so much that it will impact how a menu/window is drawn, but to take the load off the card so that hopefully windows will draw correctly... (a bit of a reach)

if the problem persists, contact support at (that's who makes all the 'cc' effects).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Dale PaquetteRe: Particle World
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 8:06:04 pm

Thanks Kevin, tried both to no avail. I have an email off to Cycore. We'll see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved