ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotation Problems With Circle Solids

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sami ElaasarRotation Problems With Circle Solids
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 9:15:35 pm

I've been having a problem when making solids. So pretty much, I make a new solid, 720x720 to be exact. And after that, I double click the mask button to make a new perfect solid of my solid. Then, I make another mask the same size, but bring the expansion down to about -30. This mask is set to subtract, rather than add, like the other one. After that, I make my layer 3D, but when I rotate it in the Z Axis, the circle seems to become an ellipse and deform while being rotated. Even without making it 3D and rotating it, it seems to be distorted. Anyone have a solution? Is there something wrong with my After Effects? Please respond A.S.A.P.
Thanks in advance,
-Sami Elaasar

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rotation Problems With Circle Solids
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 10:29:41 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pixel Aspect Ratios. You need to understand them, and this may be helpful:

To solve your immediate problem, Make sure that when you create your solid, you choose SQUARE pixels, and not the comp's pixel aspect ratio. Your z-axis rotations will be fine then.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sami ElaasarRe: Rotation Problems With Circle Solids
by on Feb 13, 2010 at 1:11:41 am

Wow, thanks a lot! You've really been a great help, and I believe you've helped me on a previous problem I've had. Once again, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved