ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Project won't open

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam HendersonAfter Effects Project won't open
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 12:38:30 am

I'm trying to open an After Effects CS3 project that I haven't worked on in a few months, and now it won't open. When I double click it, all it does it freeze. It's 3.8mb in size.

The only thing I can think of it is recently I cloned my Hard Drives over to newer, bigger ones and replaced them, but I can still open other old After Effects projects...

Am I screwed?

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: After Effects Project won't open
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 1:02:50 am

Sounds like its corrupt ... do u recall having any problems or error messages last time you worked on it? In any case, try opening an new AE project and importing that one into it instead of opening it directly. You can also try, opening it either way with all plugins, etc. disabled.

Of course the best option would be to just use your backup copy of the project, but my guess is that you wouldn't be posting if you had one.

If none of those work, search the forum for other things to try ... has been discussed many many times.

Return to posts index

Obi EjiagwaRe: After Effects Project won't open
by on Feb 12, 2010 at 7:30:29 pm

Hi Adam,try importing the project instead,also check the plug-ins you used in the project, you may need to re-install them.One love

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved