ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RE: boris XML transfer question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson MayRE: boris XML transfer question
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 6:42:36 pm

I was looking at Boris XML transfer on the Digital Juice web site. There was a tutorial, and I may have not found the additional info on the boris web site.

In essence can you "round trip" like in motion, STP from FCP to AE and back as long as you have the same plug-ins installed in both apps.

If so, I have been waiting for a patch between these two apps for some time.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: RE: boris XML transfer question
by on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:24:15 am

I realize this is a much more active forum, but you'll probably be better off to post this question in the BorisFX COW forum and also pose the question to BorisFX support. Then, if you get too much of an ambiguous sales pitch type answer from the latter, post that info on the COW to see if anyone can help decipher it.

I've been a fan of BorisFX products for years and heard about XML Transfer upon release, but it is fairly new and I couldn't rush right out to buy it ... my guess is the same is true of many AE and FCP users so it seems unlikely someone here who can answer definitively will come across your post before it gets even further buried under more recent posts.

Return to posts index

Matthew MullenRe: RE: boris XML transfer question
by on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:02:24 pm

The plug in is for moving from FCP to AE.

The workflow guide is your best bet to understanding how it works. Here's the link:'>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved