ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Water splash from puddle in camera in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gatis SlukaWater splash from puddle in camera in After Effects
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 7:21:45 am

Please help! I need to make water splash in camera from puddle. When bus goes near the camera, drive in the puddle and water from puddle splash in the camera. I found CC Mr. Mercury effect. Looks fine, but I don't no how make motion of this effect faster. Is it possible? I need it to do faster like splash and stuck on camera lens after that. Water drops from rain in camera with this effect I can make good, but natural splash from puddle I can't made. Is it possible? Or maybe I need to try other AE effect....?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Water splash from puddle in camera in After Effects
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:54:12 pm

I would do this using a practical effect. Put a piece of glass in front of the camera, and shoot the splash from a real tire. If you shoot it closely enough, it could be almost any vehicle, and not necessarily a bus. Because you're shooting tightly, it doesn't even need to be a rainy day.

Bring a lot of towels and glass cleaner for multiple takes. It will still be faster to do it this way than in AE, and it will look real because it IS real.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Water splash from puddle in camera in After Effects
by on Feb 10, 2010 at 1:22:19 am

I agree with dave. Other than a 3d effect which is what I would do, you would need multiple instances of mr mercury. One for the splash, one for the effect on the screen.

Get your hands dirty and try it for 'real'.. :)

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Gatis SlukaRe: Water splash from puddle in camera in After Effects
by on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:08:53 am

Thanks for idea! I will try to use two CC Mr. Mercury effects like you said.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]