ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time remapping motion tracking data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben EriksenTime remapping motion tracking data
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:37:25 am

Hi All,

So i have hand held footage of a wall that i am going to put animating graffiti on. I have successfully tracked the motion (using 13 null objects). but now i want to time remap the footage. Is there any way i can time remap the motion data at the same time? I know i could place the elements on the wall, then time remap, but that wont work... long story.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris BrearleyRe: Time remapping motion tracking data
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 10:23:11 am

If select all your tracker keyframes, hold alt and drag the last keyframe to the same frame as the last frame on the newly time remapped footage it may work. Chances are you'll probably see some drift though, as after effects re animates the tracked keyframes. A lot will depend on whether you are shortening or lengthening the footage and how the new frames (if any) are created.

Ideally you should re track the footage after time re mapping. How long is the shot? Surely Mocha would eat it up in no time if it is only a wall you are tracking?

Return to posts index

Ben EriksenRe: Time remapping motion tracking data
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 12:08:36 pm

Thanks for the response chris. The shot at it's native speed is about 2'30" I'm going to speed up and slow down. It'll end up being about 30 seconds all told. The problem I'm also having is that I have multiple track points, because it's a long pan. As I said there are multiple null objects parented to each other, so time compressing keyframes is going to be a mare. I'm not too familiar with mocha. Do you recon I'll get better results from that?

Thanks once again.

Return to posts index

Chris BrearleyRe: Time remapping motion tracking data
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 12:53:38 pm

Absolutely. If there isn't too much obscuring the wall then you should be able to get it in out of mocha within 5 minutes. It's well worth a look and if have cs4 then you will already have it. Look on the imagineer website for tutorials

Return to posts index

Ben EriksenRe: Time remapping motion tracking data
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:46:40 pm

Hey chris. You're a legend. Just had a very quick look at it in mocha. I think it'll work but I need to look at those tuts before I really get stuck in. the speed ups are so rapid that I reckon motion blur will cover any nasties from remapping the tracking data. If I get into trouble I'll repost here, but if not, thanks again for taking some time to help me out. It's much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]