ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Premiere to After Effects Sync Prob

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raine VivianPremiere to After Effects Sync Prob
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:21:16 am

I am working on editing a music video, and ran into some problems.
I edited the whole video in Adobe premiere cs4 and it looks great. The audio syncs up, and no frame loss.

I'm doing all the post processing in After FX's cs4, so I'm loading up the premiere project file into after effects to add Fx's to each needed video.

After rendering it out of after fx's I noticed not only was the audio off, but some of the splices were off as well. I believe each cut I made into the video track is moved a little when I import it to after effects.

As far as the audio, I don't know if the audio is off, or if that is just a bi-product of the splices being off. Any idea's? Because I have no idea why its doing this. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Simon BonnerRe: Premiere to After Effects Sync Prob
by on Feb 6, 2010 at 2:24:38 am

Hi Raine,

One way to check the source of your audio problem could be to render the audio out in Premiere, then import it into AE. Add it to your comp and turn off the audio switch for the video. Then render and see if the audio is out.

Perhaps AE is interpreting the footage incorrectly, so your frame rate is out? Or if your audio is compressed (though I imagine it isn't), AE could be handling it poorly.

Simon Bonner

Return to posts index

Raine VivianRe: Premiere to After Effects Sync Prob
by on Feb 7, 2010 at 9:47:57 pm

The frame rate is fine. It just moved all my cuts (splices) in all the video tracks around a bit. been trying to figure it out. Can't.

I have no idea why it doing this. Anyone else had this problem? my dead line is coming up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved