ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problem scrolling forward and backward on timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrea napolitanoproblem scrolling forward and backward on timeline
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:14:22 pm

hello evryone, i'm new here but this forum is awesome!

i have read many topics these days, but nothing solved my problem.

when i scroll with trackpad (even mouse) forward or backward on the timeline the video preview doesn't move at all until i release the mouse's button. then the video preview shows me the exact frame where the cursor is positionated on the timeline. but it's a static view, the only way i can see something before make a ram preview is with the shortcuts which work fine.

I use a macbookpro with 2,8Ghz intel 2 core and 4GB of Ram memory on snow leopard, i think i have updated to snow too early cause it giving me and i'm reading about problems with other application also.

i updated to after effect to 9.0.2, triple checked prefernces, turned off openGL, reinstalled the whole suite a couple of times and nothing changed!
the only thing i haven't done is to format the HD and go back to leopard but would like to understand something..

if anybody can help or have any idea, even a simple suggestion, please write me

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: problem scrolling forward and backward on timeline
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:03:18 pm

You turned Live Update off. It's the second button on your timeline on CS4, right next to the draft 3d button.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

andrea napolitanoRe: problem scrolling forward and backward on timeline
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:08:11 pm

man really really really thanks!! i knew it had to be something really simple... now it's fine!
what is that live update toggle for?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: problem scrolling forward and backward on timeline
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 5:17:45 pm

[andrea napolitano] "what is that live update toggle for?"

Well, a toggle is a switch that's in either one state or another state. Two positions.

So far you had it toggled one way.... and you've had it toggled the other way. I bet an intelligent person like you can ponder the various uses for this....

....or you can read about it here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSAF696587-2D81-42e2-B248-4C5C...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: problem scrolling forward and backward on timeline
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 7:09:20 pm

As Dave so delightfully points out, there is a nice bit in Adobe's help file on this feature. Basically it helps when one is dealing with very complicated compositions, but you can read about it in the link Dave provided.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]