ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

TV Look(Bluish w/Zebra Lines)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geo ContiTV Look(Bluish w/Zebra Lines)
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:09:31 am

I'm trying to achieve this tv effect/retro look that is in the video link posted below for an major class project. This was the best example i could find for what i am trying to achieve(sorry for the music). It's an 3 video mix which all have the same effect( TV Bluish Look With The Zebra Lines and Flickering) . Can this be created in AE or FCP and is this maybe like an plugin or filter.Please help if you can. Thank you guys much

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: TV Look(Bluish w/Zebra Lines)
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 2:20:33 pm

There have been tons of postings here on the COW and all over the web on various TV looks. Here's a quick search that turns up a ton of stuff.

Basically, in AE, a venetian blinds transition gets you your lines, a levels effect gets you a bluish color and a wiggle expression on the opacity gets you a flicker. There is a lot more you can go into and the search I posted should give you all the info you need.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: TV Look(Bluish w/Zebra Lines)
by on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:20:29 pm

I'll call specific attention to one of the results of the search that Michael provided: "Animation preset list". That list shows that there are three animation presets that have "Bad TV" in their names. These can get you started.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: TV Look(Bluish w/Zebra Lines)
by on Feb 5, 2010 at 8:02:40 am

Sometimes I think the easiest way is the best. Bring the footage you are going to use to be on the TV into After Effects and Interpret Footage>>Separate Fields>>Off. This will only work if your footage is interlaced and not progressive. You'll see all the interlacing lines. Just add a little blue using Curves, Levels, Tint, or whatever you like, and add a small glow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved