ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best export for HD Digibeta Master

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew TurnerBest export for HD Digibeta Master
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:58:53 am

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is for the best export option from After Effects to dump to HD DigiBeta.

I have HD uncompressed progressive 25 fps footage in AE and wanting to export to a format that will retain this quality when importing to Final Cut, then printing to a tape master. The reason for going to tape is to deliver to music channels that only accept this format.

Im doing my own testing but would like some advice if anyone has come across this situation.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Best export for HD Digibeta Master
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:13:01 pm

quicktime uncompressed 10-bit would be a good option out of ae.

if you can't edit uncompressed hd, pro res (hq) is a good quality codec that (obviously) works well with fcp, but i've heard of many issues with gama shifts out of ae.

if you are having problems with the gama, you might look at avid's dnxhd (free from avid and uses quicktime container). it has very similar specs to pro res (actually, slightly better) and may avoid the gama issues.

the fcp forum may have some good insight too (i'm not an fcp user, just a graphics guy).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Best export for HD Digibeta Master
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:55:00 pm

[Andrew Turner] "Just wondering what everyone's opinion is for the best export option from After Effects to dump to HD DigiBeta."

DigiBeta records at a maximum resolution of 720x486. Nine-point-nine-nine times out of ten, DigiBeta's screen aspect ratio is 4x3 and not 16x9. In short, it is not HD.

Are you thinking of a different tape format, or are you simply thinking wishfully?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Best export for HD Digibeta Master
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 5:32:26 pm

i did make the assumption that he meant hdcam (uses the betacam form-factor).... but there are a couple varieties of that too.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Best export for HD Digibeta Master
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:48:42 pm

You're right, Kevin -- the guy probably DOES mean HDCam.

It would also be good if I got my facts straight: a 25fps rate implies PAL, and DigiBeta is 720x576 in PAL, not 720x486.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]