ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavi XantosFrischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 1:02:14 am

Hi,
i'm using cinema 4d and lenscare in after effects for the dof.
i am quite satisfied with the result, but i want to increase the area between sharp and blured but without rendering all depth maps again, so i try to apply some curves to the depth layer to increase contrast. though it shows no effect on the final image, even when the layer in solo view has more contrast now. when i switch to "depth-buffer" in lenscare there is no change viewable to the layer.
so how do i get the layer tweaked to show the result in the final image. even in the manual it is mentioned that cures could be applied.

best regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 4:46:55 pm

It sounds like you may want to precompose the depth matte layer, and THEN adjust contrast.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 6:49:56 pm

I should add this: adjusting the contrast should be done to the layer in the precomp.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Xavi XantosRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Feb 3, 2010 at 7:07:15 pm

yeah, worked, thanks!

Return to posts index

Per MagneRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Mar 5, 2010 at 7:34:39 am

Hi! I'm new to the Frischluft lenscare plugin in After Effects, and trying to discover how to make the depth buffer /z buffer. The only thing I've managed to find out is that you need the buffer, but not how to "make" it. Is it done in After Effects or do you need another software to do it? If any of you know of a good instruction on this topic I would love to get a link to it. I need to do some DOF in post for a movie were I've used a DOF converter on parts of the movie. Hope to hear from you.

Best regards
Per Magne Handegaard

Per Magne Handegaard

Return to posts index

Per Magne HandegaardRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Mar 5, 2010 at 7:43:32 am

Hi! I'm new to Frischluft Lenscare in After Effects. I wonder how you make the depth buffer / z buffer. Is it possible to do it directly in After Effects or do you need another software to do it? I need to do some DOF in post, because we have a mix of scenes taken with and without a DOF converter and I want to match them a little bit better than they are now. If any of you know of a good tutorial or instruction on depth buffer / frischluft lenscare I would be gratful to hear about it.

Best regards
Per Magne Handegaard

Return to posts index

Yeison RuedaRe: Frischluft Lenscare depth-layer adjustment
by on Sep 11, 2010 at 9:22:53 pm

Hi, the Frischluft plugin uses information from ZDepth render pass done in most of 3D software, the plugin comes with two utilities, Depth of Field and Out of Focus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]