ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Deletion of 'frames'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alejandro Diaz
Deletion of 'frames'
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:26:08 pm

Hello everyone, new here. Actually fairly new to After Effects in general, so hoping this is not one of those completely idiotic questions, pardon me if so. I am primarily a flash animator, so trying to adjust to the interface and workflow of AE as I experiment.

What I am trying to do is to make everything to the right of the playhead to sort of slide to the left. In Flash I would just delete frames to adjust the entire thing without having to individually select and edit each layer and move them to an earlier point in the timeline. Am I missing something or is there an easy way to do this rather than having to move each item in my composition?

thanks, and so far loving AE!

-alej

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Deletion of 'frames'
on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:05:24 pm

I think that you're looking for the Lift Work Area feature, which does a ripple deletion (removes a segment and closes the gap). Try it and see if it does what you're after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Alejandro Diaz
Re: Deletion of 'frames'
on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:17:35 pm

Actually it was 'extract work area' that worked the way I wanted, but wouldn't have found that without your tip, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]