ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Deletion of 'frames'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alejandro DiazDeletion of 'frames'
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:26:08 pm

Hello everyone, new here. Actually fairly new to After Effects in general, so hoping this is not one of those completely idiotic questions, pardon me if so. I am primarily a flash animator, so trying to adjust to the interface and workflow of AE as I experiment.

What I am trying to do is to make everything to the right of the playhead to sort of slide to the left. In Flash I would just delete frames to adjust the entire thing without having to individually select and edit each layer and move them to an earlier point in the timeline. Am I missing something or is there an easy way to do this rather than having to move each item in my composition?

thanks, and so far loving AE!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Deletion of 'frames'
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:05:24 pm

I think that you're looking for the Lift Work Area feature, which does a ripple deletion (removes a segment and closes the gap). Try it and see if it does what you're after.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Alejandro DiazRe: Deletion of 'frames'
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 5:17:35 pm

Actually it was 'extract work area' that worked the way I wanted, but wouldn't have found that without your tip, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved