ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Gainward?!.. isn't the nvidia quadro better???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
giulio lavecchia
Gainward?!.. isn't the nvidia quadro better???
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:24:32 pm

Hi everybody. Sorry for my boring question but... I'm checking for some cool hardware config's for my new machine and when i was talking 'bout the gpu that i would like to take (nvidia quadro fx 3800) someone tells me: "look, i think you could save some money chosing a Gainward GTX 285. It's a respectable Gpu and work really good."
Lookin around i've found that many sellers sell it with some Videogames, like Batman or something... this gpu don't seems to be so serious but i'm not an expert. can you help me please? I need this machine to work hard on after effects, blender... graphics and a little bit of audio.

Sorry for my english.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Gainward?!.. isn't the nvidia quadro better???
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:48:44 pm

[giulio lavecchia] "I need this machine to work hard on after effects, blender... graphics and a little bit of audio. "

Actually, a hot GPU doesn't have much benefit in After Effects. It's great for other applications. However, if you intend to stick with Adobe software and use other Adobe software, an Nvidia card may prove to be be very helpful.

I was someplace on the Adobe web site, and saw a demonstration of an upcoming bit of technology for Premiere called the Mercury Playback Engine, I think. I didn't bookmark it, but it lets Premiere play back an astounding number of video layers in real time. Very significantly, it gets a LOT faster when using a GPU card. This is for Premiere. Not AE, mind you. So you need to be a Premiere user.

Elsewhere on the Adobe site -- again, I didn't bookmark it -- it mentions Nvidia cards by name.

So let's see... we already know that Adobe CS5 will be 64-bit ONLY.
We know that this Mercury thing is for a future version.
We know that Adobe talks about Nvidia cards.
We suspect that CS5 will be announced within a year's time -- if it isn't, Adobe's missing the boat.

I invite you to connect the dots.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Check out this Web Page
on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:54:42 pm

I found a page on the Adobe site that talks about the things I mentioned above. Read it carefully:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/production/performance/

I clicked on that link above, and it doesn't take you DIRECTLY to the page I have in mind. What a pain. You'll have to nose around to find it. You will know you're at the right place when you see the URL above.

Thanks for making life so flippin' difficult, Adobe.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Check out this Web Page
on Feb 2, 2010 at 7:06:00 pm

Okay, I'm wrong. The link DOES INDEED go to the place I wanted you to see. Sorry about the flame, Adobe.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Giulio Lavecchia
Re: Check out this Web Page
on Feb 2, 2010 at 8:46:11 pm

Hihihi... Thank you very much Dave, you're lovely. i'm goin' to take a look!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]