ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Final render result distorted

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil BroughFinal render result distorted
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:13:29 pm

Hi there I am rendering a 50 frame sequence 1920 HD. When I ram preview this is looks clean and fine but when I render it and watch it back the images come out distorted like they have a weird ripple effect going through them. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Return to posts index

steven savalleRe: Final render result distorted
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:46:17 pm

What compression are you rendering them in?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Final render result distorted
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:52:36 pm

[Phil Brough] "Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?"

Yes -- your computer doesn't like you. Not one bit. What did you do to make it so angry?

Seriously, we don't have anywhere near the information necessary to make a diagnosis. Platform-processors-operating system-amount of RAM-Open GL on/off-codec of footage-codec being rendered to.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Phil BroughRe: Final render result distorted
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:07:25 pm

haha, whoops. Right here goes. I am using a PC Intel Core 2 Quad Q9540 2.66 GHZ.
I have 4 Gb of ram and am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.
Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT.
I am working from a bunch of iff image sequences rendered out of Maya. I am rendering out animation codec QT movies but also tried an image sequence and the same distortion effect occurred. I have enabled disc cache with a maximum disc cache size of 2000 mb. I am unsure about open GL although I do have that switched off in the preview settings in After effects.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:38:37 pm

[Phil Brough] "I am unsure about open GL..."

Double-check that it is OFF when rendering. It's a great thing for many applications, but Open GL often does more harm than good in AE.

And since you don't have a lot of RAM -- 4GB isn't much in AE-Land -- disable multiprocessing if it's on.

Those two issues are very common causes of AE woes. If they don't help, it's back to more diagnosis.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Phil BroughRe: Final render result distorted
by on Feb 2, 2010 at 2:53:51 am

How embarrassing, I found the problem. I had turned on frame blending and motion blur on some layers but then turned it on in the comp. So it was previewing without it but rendering with it.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 2, 2010 at 4:02:42 pm

Glad it was just one of those Homer Simpson "Doh!" moments. Otherwise, it would have taken an involved diagnosis to come to a simple solution.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]