ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

HDV 1080p 30 Compression Help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William SinnottHDV 1080p 30 Compression Help
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 8:46:30 am

Hey im trying to render out some footage into Quicktime Movie Format with the compression type of HDV 1080p 30. Its not showing up in the list, but for a friend of mine he has over 20 types of compression types while im left with 14. He has all the HDV compressions aswell. I was wondering if there were any codecs i could get to allow me to do this compression. I'm currently running OS X 10.6.2 and AAE CS4 if that helps at all.

Thanks for your time,
William Sinnott

Return to posts index

David FranklinRe: HDV 1080p 30 Compression Help
by on Feb 1, 2010 at 4:41:08 pm

In general, and I'm speaking generally here, it's not a great idea to render your AE comp using specific flavors of quicktime compression. Much better to render uncompressed in the Animation codec (if you have the drive space) at the correct resolution, then use Squeeze, Quicktime Pro or Compressor to make the conversion to the format you would like.

AE is a terrific graphics program, but not as good a compressor. You'll get better results and have more control if you use an application that is usage specific for compressing.

Also, it's likely that your friend with the extra codecs also has FCP Studio installed, or else bought Quicktime Pro.
Made With Care In Brooklyn, NY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved