ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need help with importing JPEG sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Laven
Need help with importing JPEG sequence
on Jan 31, 2010 at 4:30:06 am

I have a camera that makes time-lapse photographs and I've been using AE v.5.5 (ancient, I know) successfully for the last few weeks to turn these sequences into QT movies. I do Import>File>JPEG Import as Footage and click the JPEG sequence box. As of date, I've made 6 different movies this way - the frames are numbered sequentially, starting at 1 and continuing until, typically, between 1,300 and 1,500 images. Again, no problem until today. I did the exact same thing (many times) with a new sequence, but it only imports frames 1-999. The sequence is 1,440 frames, but it just refuses to Import the entire sequence, always stopping at 999. I've checked preferences though find nothing that would seem to effect that and, besides, it has been importing longer sequences without a problem until now.

What can I do? Is there something to check for that might be creating a sort of Upper-limit on how large a sequence AE will import?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Need help with importing JPEG sequence
on Jan 31, 2010 at 12:48:13 pm

[William Laven] "...it only imports frames 1-999. The sequence is 1,440 frames, but it just refuses to Import the entire sequence, always stopping at 999."

It's been a long time since I've used AE 5.5, so this is a wild guess, but do your filenames have enough leading zeroes? In other words, is it Image999.jpg or Image0999.jpg?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]