ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tile on full res

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor GentMotion Tile on full res
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:34:12 am

Hi guys,

Having a new issue with Motion Tile.

Ive animated the center for a repeating tiled image that moves across the screen.

It seems to work fine when previewed or rendered at half resolution but if I try it on full res it seems to make the effect null and void and the image just sits there doing nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Motion Tile on full res
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:30:04 pm

Do you mean AE won't render it at full-rez or it won't preview it at full-rez? The two can be entirely separate issues.

If it won't preview, maybe your machine just doesn't have enough horsepower to RAM preview the effect at full-rez, but would render it just fine. Maybe try a 0+ RAM preview (skip frames), free up some RAM by closing other unrelated software you may be running, etc.

If it won't render, are you not getting any errors messages via either pop-ups or error logs? Are you working at some gigantic screen size, with some funky codec, etc., etc.?

Return to posts index

Trevor GentRe: Motion Tile on full res
by on Jan 29, 2010 at 11:58:31 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.

I really have no idea whats going on.

It stops working whether I ram preview (full) of do a full render (full res) but works fine on half or anything else.

I believe your RAM issue theory but Ive never had the problem before.

Im animating the motion tile center position and there is quite a bit of movement (100,000 units in Y) so maybe that where the RAM issue kicks in? I dont know... still doesnt make a lick of sense.

I redid the whole thing using rendered still frames and some expressions but Im still very curious as to why oh why motion tile stops working on full res.

Any further clues?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Tommy DimmelRe: Motion Tile on full res
by on Jun 28, 2015 at 9:36:45 pm

I've run into the same problem: trying to animate an image that moves along the x-axis, to simulate traveling through a tunnel. Just like you, everything worked fine until I tried to render at full resolution. I found a workaround, which may work for some of you. I made a YouTube tutorial for this. Hope this helps:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved