ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

30FPS Imported As 1FPS?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Carlson
30FPS Imported As 1FPS?
on Jan 29, 2010 at 12:11:29 am

Hi, I've had the problem a few times already. I've captured footage with ScreenFlow and imported it into After Effects. Problem is, After Effects thinks it's a 1FPS video when I can clearly play the video in Quicktime at 30FPS. When I go to Interpret Footage and change the 1 to 30, it only looks like the already choppy animation in fast forward. Anyone know what's going on?

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: 30FPS Imported As 1FPS?
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:48:40 pm

What is the codec of the footage after capture?
Can you use Quicktime to export to something like Animation or Photo-JPEG codec?

Return to posts index

Erik Carlson
on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:25:32 pm

I believe the codec was set to "Losless" which is Animation. Just tried Quicktime Save As and Save for Web, but neither saves fixed the problem. Quicktime's saving as .m4v which imports only as sound in AE. I can't seem to find any Export with setting for Animation and Photo-JPEG settings in Quicktime. Maybe it's a Quicktime Pro only feature?

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jan 30, 2010 at 3:03:00 am

("Lossless" is irrelevant -- it's not the codec. Don't need to know that, but thanks. )

Import the video in question (the one that comes in as 1 FPS) into AE and see what codec the file is. It should show when you select the file in the Project window. Is it Animation or something else?

In Quicktime, open the movie in question, then select File>export, the select "movie to Quicktime movie", and click on "options". In the dialog, select Animation, current frame rate, best quality, under "size" select "current". Hit OK and Save.

Import that into AE and tell us what codec AE thinks it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]