ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I get rid of the square shape when using CC Radial Fast Blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaela WaldsteinHow do I get rid of the square shape when using CC Radial Fast Blur
by on Jan 28, 2010 at 8:06:56 pm

I have been following the Video Copilot "Dying Planet" tutorial in After Effects and I'm at the final part where we're applying the CC Radial Fast Blur to one of the layers. However, when I drag the effect onto the layer I want to apply it to, there is a square created where the edge of the effect ends. That square is not present in the tutorial. I wonder what I am doing wrong and how can I change it?

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: How do I get rid of the square shape when using CC Radial Fast Blur
by on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:14:40 pm

I'm not in AE at the moment so I can't check whether CC Radial Fast Blur is one of the effects that uses a preview box, but regardless, the issue is very likely one of these two things:

[1] if you've applied the effect to footage that doesn't fill the whole composition size, you'll see a sharp cutoff where the effect stops at the edges of the footage ... to fix that, you can either precompose the footage into a precomp thats the size you want the effect to extend to (the method I prefer) or use the Grow Bounds plugin

[2] some render-intensive effects use a preview box to limit the effect to one area of the footage while you tweak the settings ... when that's the case, the plugin has a dropdown box in its settings window ... you would just need to change it to "final output"

Return to posts index

Kaela WaldsteinRe: How do I get rid of the square shape when using CC Radial Fast Blur
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 2:34:09 am

This is helpful, thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Sara MoriniRe: How do I get rid of the square shape when using CC Radial Fast Blur
by on May 28, 2015 at 8:51:35 pm

Hi sorry to disturb but i have the same problem. I try to find the plugin, but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you have a link where i can download it?
Otherwise i tried to do the precomose and footage but i didn't understand it really clearly. I am new on after effect so if you can try to explain it more in detail? thaaaank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]