ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

No 3d with precomp - layer always on top

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Tolaas
No 3d with precomp - layer always on top
on Jan 28, 2010 at 12:52:10 pm

Hello, I am having a little trouble with 3d here.

I have made a 3d-ball by turning a circle on its different axis. I then precomp these layers, and turn on 3d and Collapse Transformations (the star/sun symbol) on the new comp-layer.

I now have a 3d-ball comp, but the thing is that its position in 3d-space is dependent on its layer-number, and not its real 3d-position.

I get this line where it should say continued rasterisation and motion blur, I dont know if this has got anything to do with it..?

Thanks for any help.. =)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: No 3d with precomp - layer always on top
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:56:49 pm

See if this page helps: "3D layer interactions, render order, and collapsed transformations"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Tolaas
Re: No 3d with precomp - layer always on top
on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:09:13 pm

Thanks. For now I just parented the layers together, and put most of them in shy mode.

But I'll use your link if I cant do that sometime later.

Thanks again,

-Kenneth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]