ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Blur in Nested Comp Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Goch
Motion Blur in Nested Comp Problem
on Jan 28, 2010 at 11:10:18 am

Hey there,

I'm rendering out a 1.5 minute piece in AE where I took 10 comps into a new master comp for a final output. Every time I render out the piece, there is no motion blur on the elements that should have it. I've checked to see that motion blur is turned on everywhere it is supposed to be, but I don't know what I'm missing. Ideas??

Barry

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Motion Blur in Nested Comp Problem
on Jan 28, 2010 at 11:37:52 am

[Barry Goch] "Every time I render out the piece, there is no motion blur on the elements that should have it. I've checked to see that motion blur is turned on everywhere it is supposed to be, but I don't know what I'm missing."

Do you see motion blur when you preview, but not when you render? If so, you should double-check your Render Settings in the Render Queue to make sure that Motion Blur is not turned off there.

If not, then you probably still have moblur turned off somewhere; it must be on for the layers you want to blur, and it must be turned on at the top of each of the pre-comps' timelines.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Barry Goch
on Jan 31, 2010 at 4:13:05 am

I figured out what was wrong. I turned on the Open GL rendering and it turn off the motion blur. Go figure.

Barry

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 31, 2010 at 12:08:48 pm

OpenGL does seem to cause many problems, and disabling it is usually one of the first troubleshooting steps to try.

Check out Todd Kopriva's recent post on this for more: basically, you can leave it on for interactions, but you should disable it for preview and render.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]