ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Help with Effect...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HenryHelp with Effect...
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 3:29:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to pull off an effect I have in mind, based on the below image... I was wondering if any body had any ideas of plugins or ways to recreate this effect... I've got some green screen footage and some difference plate footage shot progressively if that helps?!

Any help to create/recreate this would be greatly appreciated... The effect doesn't have to be so severe i.e. not looking to get rid of so much body, but I do want to keep the lines extruding off from the frame...

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Help with Effect...
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 5:36:16 pm

I could suggest two approaches:

To use only built-in features, I'd try duplicating the keyed footage, adjusting the anchor point on the duplicate, and adding some extreme horizontal scaling (but no vertical scaling). Use Fractal Noise with some short, wide blocky settings and some judicious masking to generate a matte to use with the scaled footage. Apply the inverse of that matte to the original footage.

Alternately, you might check out Idustrial Revolution's ParticleMetrix or Trapcode Form if you want to use your video as the basis for a particle system.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved