ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Sonic Wave Effect - Like Sound/Matrix Waves

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alana ReesSonic Wave Effect - Like Sound/Matrix Waves
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 1:32:53 am

Hi,

I'm attempting to make what I can only describe as a sonic wave-like effect. The goal is to have a girl open her mouth and sonic waves emerge to look like she is knocking someone off their feet by yelling at them. I'd like to create some kind of visual ripple on screen, probably with a white glow or something along those lines -- the whole feel of the video is very cartoon-esque so not too concerned with realism or a sci-fi feeling effect. Any suggestions or hints on tutorials would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sonic Wave Effect - Like Sound/Matrix Waves
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 2:22:25 am

Check out the Radio Waves effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Sonic Wave Effect - Like Sound/Matrix Waves
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:16:41 am

And, just to show that AE provides many ways to produce effects you can also check out this tutorial.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alana ReesRe: Sonic Wave Effect - Like Sound/Matrix Waves
by on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:03:39 pm

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]