ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Paint Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan SeibertPaint Transition
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:37:44 pm

Hey everyone. I'm currently trying to do a project for Discovery Student Adventures and they created this paint splatter transition for their text in one of their earlier videos. Wanting to stick with the same theme I'm trying to recreate it, but to no avail. I have Riot Gear from Andrew Kramer, but the splatters are a bit to small. Can anyone help me out?

Here is the video they did and which I'm trying to recreate.

-Dan Seibert
You Don't Say Media

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Paint Transition
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 10:08:24 pm

• Get a camera.
  • Get big, black cards and white paint.
  • Shoot the cards while you splatter paint on them.
  • Do this many times until you get what you want.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Paint Transition
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:23:55 am

Dave's option is much more fun than my suggestion is going to be, but in case you don't have access to a camera you can always look for other stock footage options. I don't know what Artbeats has, but knowing them, they've got something perfect. There's also the compositor's toolkit from Digital Juice which is amazing. I am using one of their paint splatters as a motion graphics element in a freelance piece I'm working on.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dan SeibertRe: Paint Transition
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 4:35:48 am

Thanks guys. I found I was really close to what I needed and a few tweaks made just what I needed. I used Riot Gear, CC Particle World, and a CC Radial Wipe of some sort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved