ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to orient towards camera as a transformation - NOT AUTO-ORIENT.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin BowserIs there a way to orient towards camera as a transformation - NOT AUTO-ORIENT.
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:14:40 pm

I've got a complex 3D animation with the camera flying all over the place. I've got a piece of footage that I want to drop in that I want to exist in 3D space but I want it to be oriented completely flat towards the camera. I don't want it to maintain its orientation towards the camera, I just want to be able to pick the moment where it is perfectly flat on with the camera, and then basically "freeze" that state, so the camera can continue to fly past it, without it changing it's orientation.

Does this make sense? It seems like an easy enough thing, but I've needed to do this countless times in complex 3D animations but haven't been able to find a way to do it. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Is there a way to orient towards camera as a transformation - NOT AUTO-ORIENT.
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:29:02 pm

Just to clarify:

always: camera is moving
early: footage matches camera movements so it appears flat to camera as other stuff flies past camera
later: footage freezes in 3D space, so it appears to move away (as a flat plane in 3D space) as camera continues on.

Right?

If so, I'd consider moving everything else, via parent nulls, and keeping the camera static. That way each footage layer starts as static, then moves away from camera.

"It never occurred to me to think of space as the thing that was moving."

Or you could buy Zaxwerks Layer Tools.

Return to posts index

Scott RobertsRe: Is there a way to orient towards camera as a transformation - NOT AUTO-ORIENT.
by on Jan 27, 2010 at 6:42:50 am

Check out Sure Target from VideoCopilot.net

http://www.myr3d.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]