ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris mclaughlinAfter effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 2:57:19 am

Hi there I am running AE 6.5 professional on a brand new macbook pro snow leopard....the program runs ok despite the rumors that it would not....my question is when I open AE without even loading a project I get the after effects icon in the dock showing that the program is running.....fine thats normal.... but along with that i get 3 more AE icons in the dock which are running as well...like the program actually seems like it opened 4 times...is this normal or has anyone seen this..
thank you
chris

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner BrownleeRe: After effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 6:54:51 am

I've not tried this configuration, but do you have any multi-processing helpers (BGRender script for example)? As those open multiple copies of AE in the background to speed renders up. Maybe AE 6.5 on OS 10.6 doesn't know what to do with them :o)

If it's not causing any other problems with the system, then I'd be happy with it just running!

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

chris mclaughlinRe: After effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:40:03 pm

Hi Ben...thanks for responding....as far as know I dont have any render helpers..and yes I am very happy that it runs on leopard as well...I plan to go to cs4 to take full use of the rendering as well as nucleo 2 pro.
thanks
chris

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac
by on Jan 26, 2010 at 7:46:31 pm

[chris mclaughlin] "...I plan to go to cs4 to take full use of the rendering as well as nucleo 2 pro..."

You might need to re-think that. I don't know of anybody who uses Nucleo & AE 9.

Is it because multiprocessing makes Nucleo irrelevant? Did Nucleo simply not keep up with OS or AE code changes?

I don't know the precise reason, but I do know that before you run out to buy Nucleo, you'd better check first.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mélanie BusbyRe: After effects 6.5 icons in dock Mac
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 4:13:41 am

Running after effect pro 6,5 on snow leopard, I have the same "issue". I also have Nucleo installed and found out that the multiple icons goes away when I disable Nucleo...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]