ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Anyone know a work around? Transform Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric SandersonAnyone know a work around? Transform Effect
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:25:30 pm

I have a problem, just imagine a shaped duplicated 15 times and spread about 100 pixels apart in Zspace (which ive used the layer index and expression slider to offset) these layers are solid white and i have a light in the scene and the material just right so they have a soft almost GI look, but the light is crucial otherwise it looks like one flattened shape. Well all of these layers actually have multiple lines of code on position and i needed to add valueAtTime to the x,y of these as well, i did and it created a bunch of problems, so my easy fix was to add Transform effect and animate my main layer and throw the codes on the effect, perfect solition to the valueAtTime issue. Well now my lights arent affecting the layers anymore, theyre just flat white again...and im guessing this is because the Material is on the bottom of the stacking order being the first to render and the transform effect is overriding it, and being that it only has X,Y coordinates its being seen as a 2D layer..? that right?, and either way is there anything i can do about that without having to redo my whole project structure?

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: Anyone know a work around? Transform Effect
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:44:57 pm

Sorry i figured it out..its weird it seems no matter how much time i spend trying to figure something out it hits me after i post a question on it lol...they are shape layers and i can animate the path transform separately from the layer transform, exactly what i need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved