ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Keying and Curtain FX Final Output (Thank you!)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny WinnKeying and Curtain FX Final Output (Thank you!)
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 4:37:33 am

I just wanted to post the final output of a project that I have been getting help on from some of the fine people here at the Cow.

Thanks Dave LaRonde for the tweeking techniques of the greenscreen keying, I think this looks great.

Also thanks to Brian Charles for helping me with the cool looking backgrounds that look like waving fabric backdrop tapestries all from Jpeg images.

If the video plays a little slugish here, you can also go to:

Here it is:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="//"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Keying and Curtain FX Final Output (Thank you!)
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 3:55:18 pm

Nice work. We rarely see the results of our assistance and suggestions.
Your client should be delighted and you should feel great about sending them your invoice.

Looking for constructive suggestions?

I'd have put a bit more wind into the sails on a couple of the shots. When your talent puffs you might have moved the background in response. It would not have been realistic. Technically, the closeup at 0:24 should have been against an enlarged and slightly out of focus background to simulate the zoom and reduced depth of field.

Return to posts index

Danny WinnRe: Keying and Curtain FX Final Output (Thank you!)
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:59:06 pm

Thanks David,

I had thought about using a DOF look but then didn't end up doing it cause I didn't want to mess with the brand logo which can be a no no.

Thanks for your feedback!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved