ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bad Memory Id Glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Giola
Bad Memory Id Glitch?
on Jan 24, 2010 at 5:11:41 pm

Hello CreativeCow, my name is Anthony Giola and i recently defragged and cleaned out my temporary folders on my computer, after effects now gives me a Bad Memory Tracking ID message once I have exceeded 100 open layers. this message will then pop up twice every-time i click somewhere on the timelie or on a layer. My rig is a Gateway With I7 core @ 3.2 GHZ with 4 GB of Corsair Memory. When i check the memory usage it is at a 32% Memory usage when rendering at 50%. I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64- Bit. Why is it doing this and why did it never do this before. After a little while it closes after effects and tells me there was an error and gives me a chance to save, this is ridiculously annoying while working and time consuming. Am currently working on a Hi-Def project which takes quite a while to load once After Effects gets Closed. Please Help Me!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Bad Memory Id Glitch?
on Jan 24, 2010 at 6:29:12 pm

[Anthony Giola] "after effects now gives me a Bad Memory Tracking ID message ... Am currently working on a Hi-Def project which takes quite a while to load once After Effects gets Closed"

Are you using HDV footage by any chance? If so, see Dave's Stock Answer #1. AE doesn't like interframe compression on source footage; you should transcode any interframe footage to an intraframe codec, like Uncompressed or Motion-JPEG (not MPEG) before bringing it into AE.

Also, 4GB is not a lot of memory for AE, and if you have multiprocessing enabled, you should turn it off. You want to aim for 2 to 4 GB per core, with some overhead for the operating system and any other applications, so a 4-core machine would need 8 to 16 GB of RAM. 8 cores would need 16 to 32 GB of RAM.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Anthony Giola
Re: Bad Memory Id Glitch?
on Feb 12, 2010 at 12:56:58 am

Thank you very much Walter, although it was not the HDV footage which i had already compressed into uncompressed video it was a memory issue which i resolved by using one of the configurations you listed. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]